Smartphone repairing business is flourishing in the same speed as the smartphone market. With more and more people now using smartphones like Android, iPhone, Blackberry, China made Smartphone etc, the smartphone repair business is bound to grow since these smartphones are electronic devices and they will never last for ever. There are online tutorial and course available that can provide you some training on how to repair smartphones. But one can master the business only with practice. Practice makes a man perfect. Initially you may make some mistakes or even damage some smartphone but eventually anyone can learn how to repair smart phone.
For someone who want to do simple DIY (Do it Yourself) repairing, online videos and tutorials or Guides in PDF format is enough. But for people who are looking for deep knowledge on smartphone repairing from business point of view, it is important to learn few of the basic theory and the do some practical training.
Following are some of the basics that one must learn to master the art of smartphone repairing:
The Basics of Smartphone Repairing
- Assembling & disassembling of different types of smartphones.
- Knowledge of different parts of smartphone and their function.
- How to use Multimeter.
Understanding Hardware of Smartphone
- Understanding of Circuit Board / Motherboard / Logic Board.
- How to check faulty parts and how to replace them.
- Fault finding & troubleshooting.
- How to repair different hardware problems.
Understanding Software of Smartphone
- Proper understanding of smartphone operating system including Android and iOS.
- Understanding types of software faults.
- Flashing smartphones.
- Upgrading operating system.
- Unlocking of handsets through codes and software.
Tools to Repair Smartphone
Before you start repairing any smartphone, it is important to have the right tools and took kit. Modern smartphones are very delicate and sensitive to ESD (Electrostatic Discharge). Hence it is important to have the right and ESD-Safe tools.
Following are some the must-have tools that you will need to repair and brand and any model of smartphone:
- A workbench or work table with layer of ESD-Safe mat that is properly grounded. Remember that without proper grounding, ESD-Safe mat is good for nothing.
- T4, T5 and T6 precision screwdriver. These three screwdrivers is sufficient for most repairing jobs.
- Suction Cup – Used to remove glass panel of a smartphone.
- SIM Card Eject Tool – Used to safely remove the SIM card from iPhones.
- Spudger – Used to disconnect connectors, remove thermal paste, pry off components etc.
- Opening Tool – Used to safely pry open smartphones without scratching the case, glass, or internal components.
- ESD-Safe Tweezers – Used for picking up and handling screws and other small components.
- Opening Pick – Can be used for prying, sliding, separating etc.
- Soldering Iron or Soldering Station.
- Hot Air SMD Rework Station.
Here is Complete List of Tools to Repair Mobile Cell Phone
Most Common Smartphone Repairs
While there can be different problems with a smartphone, studies and observations have shown following major problems:
- Screen cracked or smashed – 60 to 65%
- Water damage – 20 to 30%
- Charging connector damaged – 10 to 15%
Other problems include:
- Broken LCD Screen or Touchscreen.
- Broken or Faulty PDA or External Touchscreen (glass / digitizer).
- Cracked, Broken or Faulty Internal LCD Display.
- Charging connector / USB connector / dock broken or faulty
- Damage due to Water or any other Liquid.
- Unlock a Locked phone.
- No Network Signal.
- No Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth Problem.
- Data retrieval from dead phone.
- Not powering / not charging / no signs of life or Dead.
- Speaker / Microphone / Loudspeaker / Ringer / No Sound problem.
- Keypad buttons not working.
- Home button problem.
- Broken volume / power / camera button problems.
- SIM card / SD card problems.
- Camera problems.
- Phone is freezes / crashing / won’t start up
- Replacement of housing.
- Headphone Socket problem.
PS: I will discuss about these problems in detail and how to solve and fix these issues.
If you wish to learn how to repair simple mobile phone then please visit my other website: Mobile Cell Phone Repairing